Are we alone in the Universe? We can begin to answer this fundamental question that fascinates every one of us and you could be there and help the scientists with their work finding the ANSWER.
For our customer ESO in the Munich area, Germany, we are looking for IT Service Desk Engineers with wide technical knowledge on the design and operation of IT core services.
ESO carries out an ambitious programme focused on the design, construction and operation of powerful ground-based observing facilities for astronomy, in order to enable important scientific discoveries. These are exciting times for astronomy: technology now allows us to study objects at the far edge of the Universe and to detect evidence for planets around other stars.
Your tasks will typically include but are not limited to:
• Analyzing, managing and resolving incidents and requests
• Creating and updating tickets for each user support request
• Communicating with the users by ticket, telephone, radio or face to face
• Executing service requests
• Providing advice, help and support
• Preparing and providing IT support for meetings, conferences and special ESO events including video, audio and presentation sharing
• High level management of the current platform, suggesting improvements and deploying new systems and services under guidance
• Administration of user accounts
• Creating and maintaining documentation
• Implementation and maintenance of scripts and/or procedures where applicable for the automated and/or controlled execution of activities
• Managing the physical and virtual IT infrastructure
• Monitoring the IT infrastructure quality, status and performance
• In the performance of the activities you shall apply the relevant change control and maintenance procedures.
This is a full time position, located at our customer in Munich area, Germany, starting earliest in September 2020.
Applicants shall have a university degree in computer science (or equivalent).
You should have proven knowledge and 5 years work experience on:
• IT Service Desk oriented to user support
• GNU/Linux administration using different distributions (SLES / RHEL / Debian)
• Virtualization technologies (VMware Vcenter)
• Windows Helpdesk and hardware maintenance
• Basic networking
In addition, experience in the installation, administration and troubleshooting on some of the following shall be considered as an advantage:
• VMware vCenter / PowerVC management and troubleshooting
• OpenStack / Ansible knowledge
• Network troubleshooting
• The work is organized using a ticketing system (POB) therefore, previous experience on helpdesk and ticket handling is an advantage.
• ITIL Experience
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary