For our customer, the European Space Agency (ESA), we are seeking an experienced Telecommunications Engineer to work at ESA’s ESTEC site in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be assigned to ESA/ESTEC’s Commercial User Segment & Navigation System Validation Section within the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management (D/TEC).
Reporting to the Head of the Section, you will provide support to the Agency projects and programs in the area of security, including:
• System security analysis, design and associated tools: covering all aspects related to the analysis and design of the security of the end to end system, including concepts, architecture, ground, space and hybrid ground/space systems and sub-systems, methodologies, standards and all associated tools for simulations and analysis. System security requirements definition and implementation, vulnerability and threat assessment, security engineering process lifecycle;
• Security technology, techniques design, and prototyping: covering all technologies related to the implementation of security, InfoSEC, COMSEC, CyberSec, Appsec engineering;
• Security accreditation and certification methodologies and processes. Security requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification from an accreditation perspective. Project Risk analysis and assessment, supporting toolsets, accreditation processes and methodologies, security standards;
• Specific RF security technologies, e.g. telecom security techniques and technologies, secure TT&C and PDT links, radio navigation security technology, RF system security etc.
• Provide support to projects for the implementation of security inside the systems, perform/support end to end security engineering, follow up security elements requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification;
• Provide support to project Infosec/Cyber security and accreditation engineering, such as:
– To perform/support project security risk analysis, vulnerability assessment during the life cycle of the project;
– To define specific project security, certification and accreditation security requirements (HL SSRS /SISRS/Secops);
• Provide support to Projects and the TEC Directorate for the implementation of the security directives policy, roles and functions (PSSO, etc.) such as to:
– Support and act as competent PSSO/ISO/SOZ5 and other security roles as for the ESA Security Regulation;
In addition, tasks to be supported are:
• Support awareness and training campaigns on security process/policies and procedures;
• Contribute to the Agency’s R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation;
• Support to standardisation bodies in the field of competence.
This is a full-time position located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The requested start of work is November 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The successful candidate shall have:
• A Master’s Degree in Telecommunications (and signal processing) or Electronic Engineering
• At least 4 years’ experience in the fields of satellite telecommunications and signal processing with knowledge of satellite communication architectures and techniques..
• Knowledge of space and ground systems architecture.
• Experience in analysis and design of modern digital communication systems, coding and synchronization issues.
• Specific knowledge in Security Engineering covering all technologies related to the implementation of security, InfoSEC, COMSEC, CyberSec, Appsec engineering.
• Familiarity with modern communication system and sub-system simulation techniques, as a minimum Matlab and C/C++ program languages.
• Knowledge of modern prototyping and testing methodologies for digital communication sub-systems is also preferred.
• Awareness of the regulatory as well as the technical aspects of telecommunications system security would be useful (accreditation and certification).
• Some prior experience with awareness and outreach activities in the area of system security would be useful.
Note: Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national
What can Terma Offer?
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary
• Support on re-location (if applicable)
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
To ensure that your application will reach us and is properly processed please apply through the ‘Apply’ link below. Include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter highlighting your background and expertise as well as earliest date of availability.
For further information, please contact Mr. Simon Mills
by telephone [+31 6 2326 2398] or by email [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Closing date: September 23rd 2020
Please note the following Legal & Security requirements:
• Applicants must hold all appropriate permits to work in the EU.
• Applicants are required to provide a copy of their ID/passport and degree/higher education certificate. Terma will validate the certificate with the issuing authority.
• In line with ESA security requirements, an official Certificate of Good Conduct (or equivalent) and employment reference checks will be required at commencement of employment. Please attach a copy of any reference letters with your application if you have them.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
• Your name, contact details and application status
• Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
• Job preferences and type of employment sought
• Names and contact details for references