For our customer, ESOC in Darmstadt, Germany, we are looking for an experienced Spacecraft Operations Engineer whose primary responsibilities will include the areas of Mission Planning and MATIS automation of procedures. You may be requested to assume the responsibility and perform activities for additional subsystems or systems including test, validation and operation of the Mission Control System and Simulator.
The general activities to be supported by this service are (depending on the phase of the mission):
• Preparation and updating of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
• Execution of the operations (usually automated)
• Mission Planning Support Service including maintaining/evolving the
• Mission Planning Software
• On-Board Software Maintenance Support Service
• Coordinating with experimenters and testing experiments with the Flatsats
• General Flight Control Support Service including Automation using MATIS
• Spacecraft Performance Analysis
This is a full-time position to be located at ESOC’s premises in Darmstadt with the planned start date 21st September 2020.
You should have a university degree in a relevant engineering field.
Essential skills are:
• Experience with computer programming (e.g. VBA, python, C, Linux skills)
• Experience in activities applicable to spacecraft operations
• Ability to work independently
• Fluency in English, both speech and writing
Desirable skills are:
• Familiarity with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
• Familiarity with procedure writing and testing
• Familiarity with MATIS
You shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress and must be able to work without (much) supervision.
What can Terma offer
At Terma, we consider skilled employees, enthusiasm and job satisfaction as the very foundation of our success and as a prerequisite for the development of the “best-in-class” solutions that Terma provides. We lead the way in applying new technology, offering a wide range of growth opportunities for each individual and emphasizing mutual respect across the board in our workplace.
Terma offers you a pleasant working environment at the customer site, where you will be able to take on challenging tasks and responsibilities in a highly professional company.
• Great opportunities for training and personal development
• Challenges in advanced technical environment
• International and cosmopolitan working atmosphere
• An employment contract with an attractive package with extra-legal benefits
• Highly competitive salary
Recruitment is depending on successful selection by the customer.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Raluca Moise by telephone [+49 61518600510] or by email [Recruitment.email@example.com].
Closing date: September 3rd, 2020
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe.
This Privacy Notice covers any personal data you submit to Terma for the recruiting process, including e.g.:
• Your name, contact details and application status
• Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as job history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken, and your photo
• Job preferences and type of employment sought
• Names and contact details for references
3. September 2020