Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
GKN is seeking an experienced Sr Technical Project Manager who is highly motivated and willing to take on additional challenges.
This person will be critical in the tactical execution of our continuous improvement efforts in our IT Organization. In this Project Manager position, you will be responsible for the management, scheduling, and completion of all project-related work supporting three or more manufacturing sites. This is a hands-on leadership position managing all phases and elements of large strategic initiatives as well as small, fast-paced development projects.
- Lead the Functional areas in proper Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP) utilization, deployment and upgrades. Experience across all ERP’s will be considered, examples include MS Dynamics AX, SAP, Oracle or specifically Cincom Control.
- Work with Process Improvement Teams across the organization to understand and improve the business. Make recommendations, develop and / or leverage best practices and professional experience.
- Coordinate with other site BAs and the System Architect for the purpose of identifying opportunities to align ERP processes among distributed facilities.
- Assess all request for new initiatives, enhancements and bolt-ons to the business systems in light of business priorities.
- Provide business guidance and strategy to leverage current business systems capabilities.
- Effective communication with an off-site Center of Excellence and Development Team.
- Understand, document, communicate and train end users for all changes and potential implications related to ERP system upgrades and releases.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or a related field OR in lieu of a degree, 8+ years of technical project management experience managing or supporting ERP system related projects.
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) is required.
- 5 or more years of technical project management experience managing or supporting ERP system related projects.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- GKN experience
- Experience with ERP systems
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Aerospace or Manufacturing background is strongly preferred