Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Following specific and general instructions, cleans, tacks and welds production hardware using both auto and manual welding techniques on a variety of metals. May work with engineering to resolve problems and develop new processes and/or procedures.
- Performs Arc, Mig and Tig welding on all types of metals to include steel, aluminum, stainless steel and titanium.
- Cleans, grinds, and performs inspection as required to insure conformance to specifications.
- Checks all work to assure that quality standards are maintained and has adhered to all specifications and procedures involving company and customer practices.
- Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a corporate culture, which supports the Company’s overall business objectives and goals, to include issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
- Ensures the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully complies with the “GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government” in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance of equipment in adherence with a predefined schedule.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED, or lieu of a degree 4+ years of related experience are required.
- 3+ year welding experience (GTAW/PAW/EBQ) or successful completion of additional welding certification/education and experience.
- Must be able to achieve AWS certification (AWS D17.1) on all materials to be welded within 6 months of start.
- 1+ years of experience working with basic math and reading blueprints and meet inspection requirements in accordance with customer specifications.
- U.S. Citizenship per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions.
- Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English instructions
- Basic Math skills
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Withstand loud noise of a mach