Field(s) of expertise
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This is a senior role supporting the DCS&S On-Site Manager but reporting directly to the Head of Training Engineering for BDUK.
Boeing Defence UK is developing state of the art training equipment to support the UK MoD Defence Operational Training Capability (DOTC). We are looking for Senior Synthetic Entity Modeller to support development and ongoing support of the entity data set including terrain, 3D models, performance models, sensor models and behaviour scripts. The role will be based in the new, custom built facility at RAF Waddington, near Lincoln, United Kingdom.
- Lead the development of all terrain and synthetic entities used by DOTC Core Systems and Services (DCS&S)
- Source and manipulate data from public sources to develop new entity data sets
- Leads, guides and mentors less senior technicians.
- Ensures that all data sets are under configuration control and that updates are correctly integrated across all DCS&S systems.
- Works closely with the authority, primarily via the DSC front door and Deference Intelligence, to source GFX data and ensure compliance with DMaSC rules.
- Support other stakeholders, primarily the White Force, in ensuring that the DCS&S data support planned training events.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience in the development of synthetic entities in a gaming or training environment.
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Good working knowledge of the core data formats and modelling tools e.g. OpenFlight, Shapefile etc
- Familiarity with terrain modelling tools (e.g. Global Mapper, QGIS)
- Familiarity with 3D modelling tools (e.g. Presagis Creator, 3D Max)
- Familiarity with VF-Forces and RT-Dynamics entity modelling tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Good analytical skills
- Customer focussed
- Willing to work in a military environment requiring adherence to security procedures
- Willing to work in a safe manne
- Have a can-do attitude and the ability to work on multiple tasks when under pressure, and to resolve competing demands on time to deliver results without compromising technical or programme integrity
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and related broad work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.