Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore, and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you will learn and grow while contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Space Launch Systems (SLS) team is seeking a Mid-Level Manufacturing Planner located in New Orleans, LA.
- Develop, implement and maintain various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration
- Develop manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives
- Develop and integrate suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements
- Review and approve supplier data to ensure manufacturing related requirements are met
- Develop tooling requirement based on manufacturing and engineering requirements
- Manage tools from initial design to end of use disposition
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing related issues
- Perform producibility assessments for part or product designs
- Provide producibility input to design, manufacturing processes and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules
- Develop integrated work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments
- Draft, update and review processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements
- Works under general direction
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Working knowledge of ME processes and procedures including Manufacturing Execution System Computer Aided Process Planning
- 3+ years of experience with engineering drawings for conformance to materials & process requirements and manufacturing producibility
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Currently possess a Technical Bachelor’s, Master’s or a PhD degree? (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years’ related work experience, 5 years’ related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 1st shift. Some evenings and weekends may be required based on business needs.
NASA Facility Access and Safety Sensitive:
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility – U.S. Citizenship required. This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.