Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre , the “Current Operations” service is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the centre, that is to provide safe and efficient air traffic services to civil and military airspace users on behalf of 4 states (the Federal Republic of Germany, the Kingdom of Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and the Kingdom of the Netherlands).
- Input, check and correct active and non-active flight plans taking into account procedures, rules and “letters of agreement” and also temporary changes, i.e. briefing sheets.
- Resolve flight plan issues and input the necessary immediate changes to flight data.
- Stay up-to-date with flight data changes in order to deal efficiently with assignments and adapt actions as required.
- Contribute to discussions on EOS working related changes and improvements, i.e. systems, procedures, etc.
- Be familiar with the OPS room basic support tools to be able to perform required tasks in the EOS structures.
- Monitor the operation of the technical equipment and report any anomalies or deficiencies.
- Act as simulator pilot for training purposes as deemed necessary.
- Execute all tasks and responsibilities as described in the Maastricht ATC Operations Manual (MATCOM).
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed secondary education giving access to post-secondary education.
- A minimum of 1-year relevant experience, preferably acquired during the past 3 years, to carry out the advertised responsibilities. Relevant experience refers to professional experience as Flight Data Assistant or ATCO students having successfully completed the Pre-OJT ATC Unit training within the last 3 years.
- Knowledge of the principles of Flight Data Processing & Display systems and related support systems.
- Ability to follow well-defined procedures.
- Understanding of ATC safety.
- Microsoft standard office tools.
- This job is subject to the flight data (FDO) endorsement by MUAC.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are French and English. For this particular position, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) is required.