Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Software Engineering
About this job
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
The primary purpose of the role is to support the Avionics integration in one of these different projects:
- Data Modeling and Configuration: the design and development process of avionic systems relies on information and data of various types and from various sources from sensor data units and algorithm configurations to wire harness configuration. As this data is constantly updated and extended while the subsystem design evolves, consistency need to be guaranteed by a single, up-to date data pool. More specifically, you will:
- work on the design and implementation of this data pool as well as in the distribution, processing and presentations of the information contained in the pool for different applications;
- besides the work with the avionics system engineer and software architect you will get a look into all subsystems of rocket and how its integrated.
- Functional Development and Verification for Launch Vehicle Avionics: the avionics design, development and verification process rely on integration of discipline level developments into avionics functional chains i.e. chains of Hardware, Software and Algorithms working to provide system functionality. Efficient Avionics development can be enabled by utilizing modern toolsets which allow model-based development, integration and tests at different levels of avionics development and verification. More specifically, you will:
- develop the toolset utilized to integrate different components of functional avionics and their progressive testing;
- work closely with the Avionics system engineer and will also get an insight to the rocket subsystems and how they are integrated by the avionics.
- Working towards BSc or MSc in Computer Science
- For Project A: Proficiency in Python
- For Project B: Proficiency in Python and C
- Practical hands-on project experience is highly appreciated
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
- Exposure to Embedded systems
- Exposure to C and C++
- Exposure to UML and SysML concepts