Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
Our client is a Portuguese space systems engineering company, delivering advanced design solutions and turn-key space SW systems. Building on a solid team of highly motivated and specialized engineers, is now a reference player in the European space sector, leading in the areas of Mission Analysis, Guidance, Navigation and Control, Global Navigation Satellite Systems Technologies, Ground Segment Systems and Earth Observation applications.
We are looking for a SW Engineer for scientific data processing to work for the Ground Segment Systems.
- Design and implement C++/JAVA software to be used in instrument simulators, ground processor prototypes or operational processors.
- Lead the implementation and validation of the instrument simulator, ground processor prototype and/or operational processor and their integration.
- Coordinate and guide the work of other team members.
- Interact with the customer for specification, design, development, validation and maintenance of the data processing system under his/her responsibility. This includes holding meetings in other European countries.
- Periodically report the technical status to the project manager and contribute in a proactive and resolute manner to the success of the project.
- Master’s degree in Aerospace, Telecommunications Engineer (signal processing knowledge is an asset), Mathematics or Physics;
- At least 5 years in tasks related to scientific data processing software;
- Knowledge in GNU C++, Linux, Bash, GIT;
- Knowledge of Matlab and Python will be also taken into consideration;
- Fluent English both written and spoken;