Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Our Drivers transport and deliver GKN Aerospace products to customers by applying knowledge of driving regulations and roads in the area. The truck driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations, verifying loads to shipping papers, maintaining a record of duty status according to state and federal regulations, and performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections. The driver will assist the Shipping and Receiving Department between trips where necessary.
- Drive company vehicles to and from designated destinations as required.
- Maintain vehicles (e.g. checking fluid levels, fueling, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safe operation of vehicles.
- Check shipping papers to determine the nature of the load and verify accuracy.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s record of duty status, and other records required by law.
- Process documents and/or materials (e.g. warehouse supplies, mail, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information and/or materials to appropriate parties and/or ensuring the proper storage of materials and supplies.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in manoeuvring vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic or inclement weather.
- Must be able to operate equipment in all types of weather conditions. This includes going forward and backing up long distances, around corners, and in and around very tight areas.
- Report Highway Safety Hazards noted in route.
- Report ALL accidents, incidents involving Drivers or Company Equipment, delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions, or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery of cargo.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulations for the safe operations of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Receive parts and move to the correct location.
- Ship parts out to Customer.
- Operate a forklift.
- Performs daily housekeeping tasks to provide a safe, clean, and orderly workplace.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, lead person, and peers.
- Perform related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be a U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (Commercial Class A or B license is a plus).
- Must possess and maintain a valid DOT Medical Card.
- Must have at least 3 years of driving experience.
- Must have the ability and read and write English, perform simple mathematical calculations, and have the mental ability to handle receipts, read maps and road signs, and maintain a record of duty status, etc.
- Must have a working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection, and maintenance.
- Must satisfactorily pass a drug test and background check.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for an aggregate period of up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to operate foot pedals.
- Must be able to enter and exit the truck cab up to 24 times a day.
- Entry and Exit from the vehicle may be achieved with the assistance of various configurations of steps and handholds; also requires occasional bending, climbing, squatting, and balancing.
- Must be able to occasionally reach above shoulder level; bend at the waist and below waist level, stoop, kneel, pull, push, and lift all types of equipment and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders located on units and customer locations.
- Strong attention to detail
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing