Please submit your application by 08/06/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Agency is looking for a Service Security Engineer(s) to ensure security support for the definition, development, deployment and validation of services provided by the various space components. He/ she will report to the Head of Department or his/her assignee.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The jobholder will have the following tasks and responsibilities (or relevant subset):
– Lead service-specific security engineering activities and security requirements documentation under the responsibility of the Agency;
– Propose and maintain security requirements for the service provision, maintain the traceability from the mission security requirements and the flow-down to the relevant elements (system, user segment, operations), as well as monitor and review their implementation;
– Contribute to the preparation of the Service Definition documents for services to cover the security areas of the service provision, and other documents related to the service exploitation baselines;
– Support the establishment/update of the services roadmap and associated implementation plan on security aspects, in coordination with other Agency departments, European Commission and European Space Agency (ESA);
– Ensure the execution of the service implementation plan by defining the security areas of the service development, deployment and validation plan;
– Support the Agency’s Engineering, Operations, Project Change Control boards for the component(s);
– Contribute to the implementation of the provisions of the relevant legislation;
– Contribute to the accreditation files related to service accreditation milestones;
– Prepare reports on security aspects of the component(s) services;
– Contribute to the service strategy, policy and international agreements in support to the European Commission and Member States;
– Deliver technical support for the activities of the different Security Boards and associated working groups;
– Provide expertise for the coordination of Member States’ actions on aspects related to the governmental services (such as Galileo Public Regulated Service (PRS));
– Contribute to the definition of guidelines for the implementation of governmental services management rules in the Member States in compliance with the applicable rules (like the Common Minimum Standards for Galileo PRS);
– Provide technical support to the Competent Authorities for the relevant governmental services (like the Galileo Competent PRS Authorities);
– Support the continuous update of the security engineering processes within the Agency in line with the space engineering standards (ECSS, ISO, Common Criteria, etc.) and best practices.
– The position is located at the Agency’s headquarters in Prague and implies missions to other locations in Europe.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
– A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
– In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
– Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
– Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
– Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
– Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
– Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
– Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.