Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Please submit your application by 08/06/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking to recruit a Service Facilities Security Engineer to be located at the Galileo Service Centre (GSC). The successful candidate will ensure security support for the definition, development, deployment and validation of services provided by the various space components.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The jobholder will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the establishment/update of the services roadmap and associated implementation plan on security aspects, in coordination with other Agency departments, European Commission and European Space Agency (ESA);
- Ensure the execution of the service implementation plan for the services located in the Galileo Service Centre (GSC);
- Support service-specific security engineering activities and security requirements documentation under the responsibility of the Agency;
- Participate in the definition and maintenance of the security requirements for the service provision;
- Maintain the traceability from the mission security requirements and the flow-down to the relevant elements (system, user segment, operations), as well as monitor and review of their implementation;
- Support the preparation of the Service Definition documents for services to cover the security areas of the service provision and other documents related to the service exploitation baselines;
- Support the Agency’s Engineering, Operations, Project Change Control boards for the Component(s) for what concerns the security matters;
- Prepare reports on security aspects of the component(s) services;
- Support the continuous update of the security engineering processes within the Agency in line with the space engineering standards (ECSS, ISO, Common Criteria, etc.) and best practices.
The position is located at the Galileo Service Centre in Torrejón de Ardoz (Madrid, Spain) and implies regular missions to the Agency’s headquarters and other locations in Europe.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in the exact sciences (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science, telecommunications, electronics, etc.);
- Experience in the field of security or system engineering, service engineering or service provision;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience in handling classified material at or above SECRET UE/EU SECRET (or equivalent);
- Knowledge of space programmes (e.g. observation, telecommunication, navigation, SST);
- Knowledge (by training or experience) of the certification standards relevant for the post (e.g. CISSP, GIAC, ECSS, ISO 27000, ISACA, Common Criteria);
- Experience in an international environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work with others and possess customer service mindset;
- Ability to work under pressure, organise workload and priorities tasks.