Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Software Engineering
About this job
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
Please submit your application, via the e-recruitment portal, by 10/06/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Agency is looking for a Product Assurance and RAMS Officer with solid experience in Product Assurance and RAMS activities for complex and/ or safety-critical systems. He/ She will ensure the implementation of the Product Assurance and RAMS activities required for the development and the delivery of European Space Services, including the procurement and approval of the underlying infrastructure.
The jobholder will become a member of the Project Control Department and will be located in the Agency’s Headquarter in Prague where the majority of the PC team members are located.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Product Assurance and RAMS Officer will have the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Establish, implement and continuously improve the Agency’s PA/RAMS organisation, which can encompass the definition of specifications made applicable to activities subcontracted or delegated by the Agency;
- Define, implement and follow-up dependability, reliability and availability programme, including maintenance and update of RAMS models and Review of RAMS analysis (e.g. Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Common Mode and Common cause);
- Ensure business continuity of the PA & RAMS organisation support;
- Control that the organisation, resources and planning are commensurate to the Service Level Agreement committed by internal and external stakeholders involved in the Infrastructure Procurement Processes and Service Provision delivery, in particular ILS KPIs (e.g. Turn Around Time, Time to React);
- Ensure the maintenance and control of:
- Qualification Status Lists;
- Status of PA reviews;
- Audits Status Reports;
- List of Deviations and Waiver requests;
- Non-conformances (minor and major) list;
- Critical items list.
- Liaise with other members of the Agency, as well as with external partners such as the European Commission, the European Space Agency or the European Aviation Safety Agency.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in the exact sciences, such as engineering, physics, mathematics or computer science;
- Experience in Product Assurance and RAMS activities;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience in the management of a Product Assurance organisation;
- Knowledge of certification and/or standardisation processes for safety of life critical systems;
- Experience in System and/or Software engineering;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to be concise on complex subjects;
- Solution-oriented mind-set and collaborative attitude;
- Negotiation skills;
- Ability to deliver quality results under pressure and prioritise tasks.