Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
Our client provides advanced design solutions and turnkey software systems for the Space industry. Based on a solid team of highly motivated and specialized engineers, the company is today a reference in the European Space sector.
The company focuses on the design of systems for Space and the development and validation of operational software systems, in the areas of Global Satellite Navigation Systems (GNSS) Technologies, Mission Analysis, System Engineering, Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC), Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS), Ground Segment Systems, On board Software Systems and Information Systems.
The company is hiring a Software Engineer with strong knowledge and experience in Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and C/C++ programming for Embedded Systems to work on the improvement of its GNSS receiver with new advanced features for terrestrial and space use in a project promoted by ESA (European Space Agency).
- Development of real-time SW application for embedded system (GNSS Receiver).
- Contribute to the Continuous Integration environment.
- Work with laboratory instrumentation and develop scripts (Python) for test automatization (commanding of instrumentation and processing of measurements).
- Contribute to design and implementation of system prototypes based on FPGA platform for GNSS receiver.
- Support the development and verification of HMI (Human to Machine Interface) tool to interface with the GNSS receiver.
- Preparation of relevant documentation.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in engineering areas such as: Software, Electronics, Electrotechnics, Telecommunications, Aerospace, Mathematics, Physics. Relevant equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Required at least 3 years of experience in:
- RTOS (Real Time Operating System) and Linux
- Embedded C / C++
- Operating Systems, multithreading programming and Data Structures
- Continuous Integration environment (git workflow, code quality, automatic testing and delivery).
- Desirable experience in:
- Matlab, Python and scripting languages
- Digital signal processing
- Laboratory instrumentation and RF Signal simulators
- RS-232, RS-485, TCP/IP, UDP protocols
- Familiar with writing of formal technical documentation
- The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with ARM processor and FPGA platforms
- General knowledge of GNSS systems (GPS and/or GALILEO constellations.
- Fluent English both written and spoken.
- Team player with good communication skills.