Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
Our client is an international space systems engineering company, delivering advanced design solutions and turn-key space SW systems.
Building on a solid team of highly motivated and specialized engineers, is now a reference player in the European space sector, leading in the areas of Mission Analysis, Guidance, Navigation and Control, Global Navigation Satellite Systems Technologies, Ground Segment Systems and Earth Observation applications.
The company is hiring an experienced engineer to be involved in development and validation tasks related with GNSS Receivers and Applications, to be integrated in a team within GNSS Business Unit working to develop GNSS positioning algorithms to enable high precision positioning.
The following main tasks shall be performed:
- Contributing to the analysis, generation and management of requirements for GNSS projects;
- Contribute to design, prototyping and implementation of GNSS receiver algorithms;
- Work with laboratory instrumentation and RF Constellation Signal simulators;
- Develop verification and validation procedures for a GNSS receiver;
- Support the development and verification of HMI (Human to Machine Interface) tool to interface with the GNSS receiver;
- Performance assessment activities of GNSS algorithms;
- Preparation of relevant documentation;
- Willing to travel to partners’ and clients’ facilities for project milestones and validation campaigns.
- A university degree (Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile together with the experience and capability to fulfil the assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision;
- At least 3 years of experience in GNSS engineering;
- The following skills and experiences are mandatory:
- Fundamentals of satellite navigation;
- Acquainted with typical measurements produced by a multi-frequency, multi-constellation GNSS receiver, their combinations, and typically associated metrics;
- Substantial experience in GNSS Performance assessment;
- Knowledge of scientific tools (such as Matlab and Python) for analysis, simulation and performance assessment of GNSS receivers;
- System testing and verification;
- Demonstrated experience in writing of formal technical documentation.
- Working knowledge and experience in the following areas would be considered as assets:
- Experience working with high precision technologies such as PPP algorithms;
- C and Java languages;
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Bash) for test automatization;
- Experience in a user/customer facing environment.
- Fluent in English written and spoken (Project language is English).