Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
Our client is a space systems engineering company, delivering advanced design solutions and turn-key space SW systems. Building on a solid team of highly motivated and specialized engineers, is now a reference player in the European space sector, leading in the areas of Mission Analysis, Guidance, Navigation and Control, Global Navigation Satellite Systems Technologies, Ground Segment Systems and Earth Observation applications.
We are selecting an engineer to be integrated in the GNC/AOCS Competence Centre of the Flight Systems Business Unit, to support new growth areas in Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC), and in Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS). The work of the GNC/AOCS Competence Centre is oriented to the design, development, specification, and validation of GNC and AOCS systems for a broad range of aerospace and aeronautical platforms.
The following types of responsibilities are envisioned:
- Specification, design, implementation, and validation of AOCS algorithms, to be applied to Earth-observation, interplanetary, and ADR/IOS satellites, among others;
- Specification, design, implementation, and validation of GNC algorithms, to be applied to satellites, launchers, and re-entry vehicles, among others;
- Specification and support to procurement of sensors and actuators for GNC and AOCS;
- AIV of GNC/AOCS subsystems.
The activities involved may include:
- Model-based design and software implementation of GNC/AOCS algorithms
- Simulator design, implementation and testing
- Simulation of dynamic systems
- Mathematical modelling
- Specification and validation of GNC/AOCS solutions
- Analysis and trade-off of hardware solutions
- Interface with the overall system team
- Technical and team management
Required: A recognized engineering degree (Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Electronic) or a related degree (e.g., Physics, Maths).
Desired: Postgraduate studies (MSc or PhD) with a focus on aeronautical / aerospace engineering and providing a solid background in at least two of the following:
- Orbital mechanics and atmospheric flight dynamics
- Classical and robust control techniques
- Navigation techniques, including hybridization
- Model-based engineering
- Flight operations
- Required:No professional experience required
- Desired:Engineer with at least 5 years of experience in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (relevant MSc & PhD studies would also be considered)
The position will be tailored to the level of experience and additional industrial experience would be viewed very positively.
- A strong background in control and simulation of dynamic systems
- Practical experience in aeronautical/aerospace GNC/AOCS solutions (experience in ESA/European programmes is welcome)
- Capacity to understand new concepts and apply them to engineering problems
- Good programming skills
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
- Experience in flight operations in ESA/European programmes
- Experience on atmospheric flight
- Solid theoretical background in GNC/AOCS
- Background on multivariable robust control
- Experience with Python and C
- Good level of English, spoken and written