Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Our client is a space systems engineering company, delivering advanced design solutions and turn-key space SW systems. Building on a solid team of highly motivated and specialized engineers, is now a reference player in the European space sector, leading in the areas of Mission Analysis, Guidance, Navigation and Control, Global Navigation Satellite Systems Technologies, Ground Segment Systems and Earth Observation applications.
We are selecting a Senior Project Manager to be integrated in the Spanish branch of the Flight Systems Business Unit to support new growth in the Flight Engineering application area. The work of the Flight Engineering application area includes activities in the areas of Mission Analysis, Flight Mechanics, GNC/AOCS, OBSW and Avionics. This covers a diverse range of applications, from interplanetary missions to Earth Observation satellites and missions, to launch and entry atmospheric vehicles, as well as the associated research, technology development and programme application and commissioning.
The following types of responsibilities are envisioned, to be progressively planned and allocated to the candidate:
- Coordination of programmes and projects with the head of Flight Systems, and the heads of its Competence Centers and Application Areas;
- Project Management of activities within the Flight Engineering Application Area, with application to the domains of Mission Analysis, Flight Mechanics, GNC/AOCS, OBSW and Avionics;
- Leadership of activities (projects and proposals) within the Flight Engineering Application Area, including financial and team management;
- Support to commercial actions for the Spanish branch of the Flight Systems Business Unit.
Education: Aerospace/aeronautics MSc/MEng degree or PhD, or related (e.g.: Physics, Mathematics).
- Required:Project Manager with a demonstrated solid technical background in the Aerospace Sector and in management of projects and teams, with at least 5 years of experience.
- Desired:10+ years of experience in project/programme management, including technical management, in the aerospace sector; experience with inter-disciplinary projects and their development through to product/system qualification. The position will be tailored to the level of experience.
- Demonstrated background in project management
- Excellent team management skills
- Solid technical background in the aerospace field, in areas such as: mission analysis, flight mechanics (orbital, atmospheric), avionics and GNC/AOCS
- Knowledge of the European aerospace and/or defence sector
- Knowledge of satellites applications, launch systems, or planetary entry systems (capsules, lifting bodies…)
- Software engineering methods and techniques
- The space programme development cycle, from phases 0/A to D/E/F
- Experience in flight experiments and post-flight analyses
- Experience with project management tools (e.g. JIRA), agile development cycles, and CMMI
- High level of English, both spoken and written