Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Our client, a German Space SME specialized in satellite propulsion components, systems development, manufacture and integration, is looking for an Operations Manager/Senior Engineer to be integrated within the Team starting in May 2021.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing projects monitoring and presenting project updates to relevant stakeholders, clients, or project team members.
- Lead the technical team in problem solving (e.g. devising new test setups, proposing infra-structure improvements, prototyping new jigs, etc.);
- Partner with manufacturing, supply chain, and third party suppliers to ensure success;
- Effectively manages the team resources and leads the projects to a successful execution. This includes (but is not limited to) coordinateing the Engineering team on a weekly basis;
- Technical contributor to proposal writing and reviewing;
- Perform twice-a-month reporting to management on status of projects vs. foreseen milestones, in terms of schedule, budget and risks;
- Perform, together with management, customer interface on technical and programmatic aspects, mainly through telecon, on-site visits and email communication;
Evaluate technical personnel as well as project managers (together with the General Manager
- Master’s Degree in Engineering in an engineering field such as space, materials or mechanical;
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience in an engineering background and team management (at least 4-5 people) is mandatory;
- Previous experience in fluidic applications and pressure applications is a plus;
- Familiar with Project Management tools such as MS Project, ClickUp or Trello;
- Familiar with modern corporate communicating tools such as MS Teams;
- Experience with work delegation and human resource management at team level;
- Possess strong organizational, and leadership skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility and ethic;
- Fluent in spoken and written English; knowledge of German is an added value;
- You enjoy the possibility to work, for small periods of time, abroad. Availability to travel for 3-4 days, on a
1-2 weeks’ notice time is expected.