Field(s) of expertise
Space Systems Engineering
About this job
Please submit your application by 22/07/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the EUSPA e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/about/careers-euspa.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Agency is looking for a Galileo Services Programme Manager who will be responsible for the management of the EUSPA Galileo Services Team and will contribute to the evolution of the Agency in line with the Financial Framework Partnership Agreement (FFPA) 2021-2027 and its values.
The location for the post of Galileo Services Programme Manager is foreseen to be Prague (Czech Republic). Regular to frequent missions are foreseen for this post.
The jobholder will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will have in principle the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the planning and execution of the Galileo Exploitation programme activities in compliance with the Agency’s Contribution Agreement with the Commission;
- Specify the needs for Galileo System Evolutions and implement the associated design and development activities for the System in Operations through the Agency’s Contribution Agreement with the European Space Agency (ESA);
- Ensure the delivery of Galileo services and manage the service provision activities such as Galileo Service Operations (GSOP), coordinate the different stakeholders to such service delivery, and guarantee proper interface with the Galileo Security Monitoring Centre;
- Prepare, negotiate and manage the Galileo Service evolution activities (Initial and Full Operational Capability);
- Support the implementation of new services with Security and Market development departments, as well as all the sites of the Agency (Galileo Service Centre (GSC), Galileo Reference Centre (GRC) and Galileo Security Monitoring Centre (GSMC));
- Prepare the Galileo security accreditation milestones in coordination with the Security Department;
- In collaboration with other Programme managers, oversee the Service Engineering and System engineering teams for activities from defying user needs to (new) services specifications, and user segment standards development;
- Represent the Agency to the Programme reviews with other stakeholders/partners and to workshops/conferences;
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight to Galileo services, providing proactive advice to the management as required in these areas;
- Lead the Galileo Services Department, providing support and guidance to all team members, promoting operational excellence, team work, ownership and responsibility within the team and across the Agency.
Finally, as mentioned above and importantly, the description of tasks may evolve together with the evolution of the Agency’s missions and organisation.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least fifteen years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- Expertise and background in space systems engineering and/or operation in an international environment;
- Experience in project management and/or industrial procurement activities;
- Experience and background in space systems service provision;
- Experience in leading teams;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience and background in Galileo or EGNOS programmes;
- Experience and background in commercial negotiation and/or proposal management;
- Experience and background in systems security operations;
- Knowledge of the institutional framework and functioning of the European Union;
- Leadership and people management skills;
- Managerial, planning and organisational skills along with a result-oriented approach;
- Cooperative, practical, solution-driven and service-oriented attitude;
- Self-control under pressure in demanding situations and ability to handle many simultaneous tasks;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.