Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
Our client is an international space systems engineering company, delivering advanced design solutions and turn-key space SW systems.
Building on a solid team of highly motivated and specialized engineers, is now a reference player in the European space sector, leading in the areas of Mission Analysis, Guidance, Navigation and Control, Global Navigation Satellite Systems Technologies, Ground Segment Systems and Earth Observation applications.
The company is hiring a Senior Engineer with technical proficiency in GNSS solutions to work on solution development for state-of-the-art projects in GNSS field, interacting with international customers in the areas of aerospace and aeronautics.
- Lead the design and analysis of innovative GNSS-based concepts for precise orbit determination:
- Develop concepts for several mission orbits and number of S/C;
- Analyze or define the requirements and design the architecture of the GNSS-based solution;
- Define analysis approach and performance metrics for trade-offs;
- Prepare consistent and comprehensive test plans.
- Lead the validation of GNSS concepts:
- Develop the S/W infrastructure for the automated execution of tests and validation;
- Ascertain the validity of GNSS input data and perform maintenance or adaptation accordingly;
- Demonstrating critical thinking in the analysis of the figures of merit, under different mission scenarios;
- Take corrective actions (debugging, tuning) until consistent and relevant results are obtained.
- Document GNSS results and envision new paths:
- Document test results, assessing system behavior and performances, and organizing the data in concise, informative diagrams;
- Summarize findings and derive conclusions from the data obtained in the study;
- Provide recommendations supported by the results of the study, for future experiments and missions.
- Participate in studies for institutional organizations and stakeholders in GNSS domain:
- Prepare report sections for disseminations to target audiences, such as regulators, policy makers, performers, among others.
- Develop pre-existing simulation S/W solutions to build GNSS demonstrators:
- Familiarize and master S/W models related with simulation environments for GNSS receivers (past experience is a plus), such as: environment and dynamics, raw sensor data generators, S/C sensors, inertial measurement units, network emulator (A-GNSS, PPP, and RTK modes), GNSS S/W receiver, navigation algorithms, ground and on-board POD engines and analysis tools;
- Transfer simulation elements and algorithms from previous projects without loss of operationality;
- Adaptation of existing navigation algorithm to several navigation modes, associated with the different combinations of available measurement.
- Degree in Exact Sciences and Engineering, such as Physics, Aerospace, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Sciences, Mechanical Engineering (working experience is valued and can be levelled to academic degree);
- Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in the practical application of the domains relevant to the post (relevant MSc & PhD studies would also be considered). The position will be tailored to the level of experience and additional industrial experience would be viewed very positively;
- Good background in GNSS-related concepts;
- Good programming skills and experience with Matlab and Simulink;
- Practical experience in aeronautical/aerospace GNSS solutions (desired for the post);
- Background on advanced GNSS concepts, such as precise orbit determination, PPP, RTK, P2OD algorithms (desired for the post);
- Fluent English – written and spoken;