Field(s) of expertise
Cyber Security Information Technology
About this job
DLR GfR mbH is a company providing reliable, safe and secure aerospace services. We operate and manage the constellation of Galileo satellites in the Galileo Control Center Oberpfaffenhofen on behalf of the European Commission.
Our company headquarters is located in an area widely known as a holiday destination – the five-lakes region in Upper Bavaria near Munich. At the space industry location in Oberpfaffenhofen, our around 230 employees work every day in international and interdisciplinary teams on the navigation for the future. Become a part of us!
The Security Department within DLR GfR mbH is responsible for the security of Galileo IT applications. The Senior Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for planning and coordinating the relevant work in the group with regard to analytical activities, the regular analysis of security risks according to the Galileo client and the verification of the implementation of adequate security measures, as well as the execution of security audits.
In particular, the future jobholder will be responsible for the following activities:
- Verification and analysis of information security procedures and applications running regularly in day-to-day business (access protection, encryption, configuration control, vulnerability analysis, malware detection, source code review, patching), with prior analysis of project requirements in the cyber security area, development of an implementation concept for the areas concerned, e.g. test environments, L2/L3 Maintenance
- Detection and classification of KAT from most severe I to level II and III system anomalies in the local security environment, development of a solution concept, classification
- Establishment and implementation of new projects and technical solutions in the cyber security area
- Identification of potential threats to information and communication systems, review of implementation and development of a signature-ready and efficient operational solution, followed by escalation in case of breaches
- Processing the security risk register by continuously identifying new cyber security risks and threats
- Regular execution of internal audits in the Galileo Security Environment as well as support of external audits by European and national authorities, this includes in particular the preparation and follow-up of content
- Preparation of training documents and regular training of project staff in connection with security
- Regular reporting and fast escalation to the technical superior.
- Regular review and documentation of the system against the security requirements defined by the customer, in case of deviations preparation of appropriate correction concepts and implementation.
- Definition of cyber security processes and workflows
- Completed university studies in the field of computer science/information technology with a focus on networks/IT security, comparable degree, or otherwise demonstrable equivalent professional qualification in the IT security environment
- Knowledge in the administration of client and server systems (Windows and Linux)
- Scripting knowledge for the analysis and automatic storage of log files
- Certifications in IT security, e.g. T.I.S.P., CISSP etc. are an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Knowledge of network technology, VPN technology and firewalls
- Knowledge in the area of monitoring and log systems
- Experience in the creation of concepts and system planning
- Several years of professional experience