Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Secretary / Administrative Assistant to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. The support period for this position is from 01/06/2023 to 31/12/2024. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
- Sorting of all incoming mail and handling of incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Administration of ordering of office supplies, astronaut PR supplies and maintenance of the stock of stationary.
- Administration of visitor control and access requests.
- Daily update of the EAC schedule.
- Responsible for updating and distribution of the EAC telephone list.
- Administration, maintenance, and handling of EAC Space Shop.
- Performing secretarial tasks as required.
- Room and resources bookings for guided tours and meetings.
- Distribution of information material in the entrance hall.
- Maintaining and administration of the EAC Library.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods (proforma invoice) and express mail.
- Participate in support to the organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences, “Space Day”) as required.
- These general administrative tasks are complemented by other specific tasks defined by the corresponding head of the office.
- Analyzing incoming emails and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner to the Department Head.
- Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches Department Head to ensure timely responses and following-up of actions.
- Planning/coordinating the Department Head agenda, commitments, and meetings, organizing the missions and associated claims and keeping the Department Head informed on all issues of concern.
- Supporting the Department Head (and Department Administrator) in the preparation and follow up of routine administrative matters such as:
- Collect and consolidate responses to calls/campaigns for all Trainees and maintain overview lists.
- Collect and consolidate senior management inputs to corporate requests, Bilateral meetings, etc., and relevant publications.
- Coordinate the accommodation requirements of the Department.
- Collect and consolidate the yearly Conference and External Training requirements for the Department.
- Maintain the Department organization chart.
- Coordinate interview requests for the Projects.
- Support to the Project Review Process as required.
- Coordinating actions with other assistants of the Department and interface with the other assistants of the Directorate.
- Manage the procurement of promotional items for the Department in liaison with the Project Controller, including preparation of requirements.
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures) before submission to Department Head for approval.
- A solid and multiple years of experience in a similar position.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, highly organised, tactful, autonomous, flexibility, team spirit and discretion are a must.
- Highly proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Office 365).
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is an asset.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Support provided to EU nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company events.