Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Serco is a leading Space Services Provider with thousands of skilled resources that has supported over 50 space missions on behalf of more than 10 Space or Government agencies around the globe, including the ESA and NASA. Serco offers space capability across the full space lifecycle from satellite testing to Launch services, LEOP to spacecraft operations, space surveillance to data management, and supporting downstream application development. With over 55 years history in the space sector Serco is well placed to contribute to National strategies and New Space ventures who want to scale their businesses/organizations with skilled talent.
We are seeking a Secretary / Administrative Assistant to work on our Customers Site (ESA-ESTEC) in the Netherlands. The support period for this position is from 15/06/2023 to 15/01/2024. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into one of the most sought-after space agencies in the world.
- Sorting of all incoming mail and handling of incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
- Administration of ordering of office supplies, astronaut PR supplies and maintenance of the stock of stationary.
- Administration of visitor control and access requests.
- Daily update of the EAC schedule.
- Responsible for updating and distribution of the EAC telephone list.Administration, maintenance and handling of EAC Space Shop.
- Performing secretarial tasks as required.
- Room and resources bookings for guided tours and meetings.
- Distribution of information material in the entrance hall.
- Maintaining and administration of the EAC Library.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods (proforma invoice) and express mail.
- Participate in support to the organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences, “Space Day”) as required.
- These general administrative tasks are complemented by other specific tasks defined by the corresponding head of the office.
- Secretarial education or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Fluent in English and German; knowledge of another member state language is an asset.
- Highly proficient in MS office software and PAROS database
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Problem solving mind set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary.
- Corporate Benefits Package.
- Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request.
- Company Events.