Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
Reaction Engines are looking for a Production Supervisor to join the team on a full time, permanent basis working a shift pattern covering production hours of 6am – 10pm.
To take responsibility for the manufacturing of key heat exchanger products on a shift basis across various challenging sectors including Space, Aerospace, Automotive and Industrial markets. Leading a team of technicians ensuring on time delivery, to the correct quality and with effective handover to the next shift leader.
The candidate will provide full and accurate feedback to the Manufacturing operations manager on a regular basis, ensuring daily SQCDP is completed and escalate any issues when required.
The successful candidate will be able to setup production lines for new products and have a drive to increase efficiency through current product streams, with the support of other functions within REL, as well as motivate and develop the team as an embodiment of the company values.
- On-time delivery of manufactured products which will require a hands on approach
- Shift team management
- Process development and continuous improvement
- Reporting of SQCDP
- Identify risks and development needs
- Support 8D/ RCCA activities
- Drive 5s methodology
- Establish develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Reaction Engines’ corporate objectives
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- 5+ years experience in vacuum brazing/ heat treatment, preferably on qualified procedures to ISO/AMS standards.
- Managing of personnel 1+ year
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to energise a high-performing, matrixed team
- Able to represent the company in discussions with customers, suppliers and partners
- Personally motivated with a task oriented approach, ability to achieve objectives with right balance of self-initiative and delegation
- Ability to motivate and develop direct reports
- Integrate well with wider teams
- Drive for continuous improvment
- Managing safely
- Experience in manufacturing of complex high value assemblies
- AS9100 experience
- Nadcap experience
- Lean Principles qualification
- COSHH training
- Degree educated or extensive industry experience
For all successful candidates, Reaction Engines will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record.