Field(s) of expertise
About this job
It’s boarding time!
Fokker Elmo, an Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) design & build company has its headquarters in Hoogerheide, The Netherlands. Engineering activities are not only performed there, but regularly also onsite at customer locations, using the customer’s tools. Consequently, members of the Engineering community of Fokker Elmo can be found across the globe, maximizing Fokker Elmo’s added value by serving our customers locally.
The position: You are applying to the position of Design Engineer in the field of EWIS Installation Design, as part of our Fokker Elmo Canada (FE-CA) office. This position is specifically aimed at supporting our ongoing design activities with one of our main customers in the Montreal area, in assessing and incorporating design changes into existing Design Data Sets at our customer’s premises. In addition to these design activities, you will support Fokker Elmo’s Manufacturing Engineering team on site, when the need arises. You will be part of a small Fokker Elmo design team, which is partly based in our office in Hoogerheide (The Netherlands) and partly based in Mirabel, Montreal.
- 3D modelling using CatiaV5 of localized EWIS concepts and trade-studies (including their support structure) in line with the modification specifications, discussing these with the customer, and incorporating the approved concept solutions in the Design Data Set;
- In addition to CatiaV5, you will be using Enovia as well as Fokker Elmo specific toolsets to generate, store and release the EWIS models and their associated electrical properties;
- You will represent Fokker Elmo in integration meetings with the customer and you will be involved in assessing the (potential) impact of Change Requests to the EWIS Design Data Sets in terms of the proposed technical solution, its feasibility, and the associated design effort needed to incorporate the proposed technical solution;
- Compliance to the relevant design requirements is the default, but when not achievable, non-compliance to the relevant requirements shall be bought off with the customer and documented in the appropriate format (including any applicable mitigations).
Knowledge, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline (BEng), preferably Aerospace Engineering, or an equivalent working/thinking level;
- At least 5 years of experience in EWIS Installation Design in general and in 3D modelling of Electrical Wire Harnesses using CatiaV5 specifically;
- Experienced in performing quality reviews of Design Data Sets prior to their formal release;
- Familiar with Airworthiness Regulations and DOA (Part 21J) principles;
- Experienced and skilled in using the design tools CatiaV5 (electrical workbench) and Enovia.
- Can understand and apply configuration management principles;
- Can understand, interpret and apply technical requirements, and formulate/document corresponding (non)compliance statements;
- Good understanding of Aircraft Systems, their characteristics and the requirements or limitations they impose on EWIS;
- Appropriate understanding of mechanical design, in order to establish optimal solutions for EWIS interfaces (support structure, penetrations) in terms of feasibility, cost, weight and installation;
- Able to participate in a design review with the customer in a strictly professional manner, whilst protecting the interests of Fokker Elmo and the integrity of the design solution(s);
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language.