Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Business Administration & Finance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The SAP Specialist will be part of setting up the new ERP landscape at El Cajon site to align with AES SAP Implementation Strategy. They will participate on the IT NA team and collaborate with SAP implementation in all US sites. They will be responsible for SAP functionality and collaborate on functional process development in regards to the current AES SAP template.
- Participate in relevant workshops with system integrators and drive standardization of business processes, leveraging out-of-the-box solutions in SAP for Finance.
- Provide guidance to internal teams on best practices in adopting AES SAP solutions, creating solutions that align with the functional business process.
- Provide expertise in master data configuration decisions and participate in design decisions in regards to the current AES SAP template.
- Configure SAP Finance module in relation to other modules and validate proposed solutions that are aligned with the AES SAP Implementation Strategy.
- Review and drive configuration and testing outcomes with the SAP Implementation Team.
- Provide expertise in identifying the relevant master and transactional data required for data migration and contribute to Data Migration efforts.
- Provide guidance on executing best practices in data cleansing and data extraction for migration.
- Provide training to internal teams on specific areas in SAP finance modules.
- Manage change requests during implementation, and collaborate on compliance monitoring post-implementation.
- Participate in the internal specialist community, providing gained knowledge related to new/updated technology and processes.
- Deliver project objectives successfully and support project managers as needed.
- Communicate with end-users, providing support while working within agreed-upon support service levels.
- Conduct and/or participate in user requirements gathering, blueprinting & documentation designs.
- Ensure the integrity of a global SAP finance solution across multiple locations.
- Work with the Service Desk to facilitate incident and problem resolution.
- Work with SAP to resolve software issues.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field required.
- 5+ years’ experience as an IT analyst specializing in SAP Financial & Controlling (FI/CO) required; this includes master data, GL, AP, AR, asset accounting, product costing, COPA, Treasury Cash and Bank accounting including new GL accounting, automatic payment programs, and month-end closing.
- 3+ years of experience with the configuration of GL, AP, AR, Asset accounting, Product costing, COPA, Treasury Cash and Bank accounting including GL accounting, automatic payment programs and month-end closing.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment highly preferred.
- Multi-site SAP implementation experience as well as experience in a matrix work environment preferred.
- Basic understanding of WMS systems’ roles and interfaces.
- Experience with S/4 HANA SAP instances.
- Familiarity with the ABAP programming language and various customizing techniques.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to establish credibility.