Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Network Manager keeps the network operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible, working closely to support industry actors by providing services, functions, deliverables and training. The Network Manger delivers ATM performance for the pan-European network in the areas of safety, capacity, environment/flight efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The role requires working combinations of shift duties. Your role will be to:
- Manage the reception, daily input and data maintenance of the Central Airspace and Capacity Database (CACD) at each AIRAC cycle and manage the online data updates required for the operations of NM systems;
- Operate the ECAC Centralised Airspace Data Function (CADF) and prepare the consolidated European Airspace Use Plan (EAUP/EUUP);
- Run airspace pre-validations in coordination with air navigation service providers (ANSPs);
- Feed data in the European crisis Visualisation Interactive Tool for ATFCM (EVITA) in case of crisis;
- Coordinate with ANSPs, AOs and other internal or external clients on specific operational problems, and participate in meetings about CACD data;
- Participate to the validation of CACD data at each AIRAC cycle;
- Analyse claims and incidents;
- Assist in the development of operational processes and procedures related to the service’s activities;
- Participate in tests and projects in support of operations e.g. testing, training, documentation, special events planning or any NM/Agency projects, as required;
- Deliver training and courses on topics in their field of expertise and act as OJTI for colleagues;
- Work temporarily in support functions during office hours;
- Perform any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education or equivalent professional experience of at least three years. A master or bachelor degree in a relevant domain would be considered an advantage.
- In addition to the above, minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in Air Traffic Services (ATS) or air traffic/aviation operations environment.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Knowledge of aeronautical data definition, publication and usage following AIRAC cycle procedures.
- Knowledge on Airspace Data applications and tools.
- Communication: expresses information and ideas effectively.
- Problem-solving: anticipates and solves business issues.
- Analytical Thinking: analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Team work: fosters teamwork.
- Customer focus: responds effectively to customer enquiries.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency (English/French) and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties. For this particular position, a thorough knowledge of English is required.