Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Network Manager keeps the network operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible, working closely to support industry actors by providing services, functions, deliverables and training. The Network Manager delivers ATM performance for the pan-European network in the areas of safety, capacity, environment/flight efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Your role will be to ensure the following activities while being at the same time in stand-by 24h/day and 7 days/week:
- To carry out daily system administration of NM applications and/or middleware;
- To provide second level support for the Network Manager software applications and/or middleware in order to maintain the operational services, including NM mission critical systems/middleware;
- To participate in the implementation of application and/or middleware deployment, configuration and support tools, and to produce and maintain the associated technical documentation;
- To carry out technical acceptance testing of new releases and changes to the operational software applications, and participate in the evaluation of the deliverables;
- To provide support to developers and users in respect of the operational applications and/or middleware tools;
- To participate and contribute to working groups, studies and projects, and provide training to Level 1 Support;
- To be on call L2 LSE Roster (7D, 24h);
- To perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education or equivalent professional experience of at least 3 years in a relevant domain. A Master or Bachelor degree in a relevant domain, e.g. Engineering, IT etc. would be considered an advantage;
- In addition to the above, a minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience;
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- Software development skills: perl scripting, zsh/ksh scripting;
- Configuration management skills: CM process and tools like ClearCase;
- Operating Systems skills: Linux (RH), VMWare : debugging knowledge (systems logs, etc.).
- As an asset:
- Oracle Administration, Oracle Sql language,
- Experience or knowledge with Docker, Micro service architecture, Open Shift Pearle,
- Experience or knowledge of DEVOPS,
- Experience or knowledge of software application monitoring process and tools,
- Interest and commitment to keep abreast of new technologies.
- Analytical thinking: applies a broad and methodical approach to complex problems;
- Problem-solving: anticipates and solves business issues;
- Communication: fosters two-way communication;
- Decision-making: takes decisions based on balanced arguments;
- Team work: fosters teamwork;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency (English/French) and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties.