Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, COM & Frequency Coordination deals with ATM voice communications, scarce resources, Radio Frequency Function, datalink, ATS Message Handling System, ATS Messaging Management Centre, ATS Voice Communication including 8.33kHz, SYSCO, spectrum defence, support to Deployment, R&D in the context of SESAR, planning, reporting and ATS Ground Voice Network service.
- Develop an Agency spectrum policy in close conjunction with stakeholders;
- Investigate on how to improve aviation spectrum efficiency and formulate proposals for the attention of expert consultation groups;
- Support the SESAR spectrum studies programme and lead/review all SESAR spectrum related outcomes;
- Develop and present technical working papers at ITU/CEPT and ICAO technical working groups;
- Represent the Agency at the ICAO Spectrum Panel;
- Lead Spectrum consultation groups to achieve consensus on spectrum matters;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. signal processing and/or wave propagation) attested by a diploma, or where justified in the interest of the service, professional experience of an equivalent level
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- In addition to the above, minimum 4 years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of spectrum and wave propagation (theoretical and practical)
- Knowledge of spectrum regulation (ITU/CEPT) and ITU radio regulation
- Experience with ITU rules and in participating in ITU-R and CEPT groups
- Knowledge of aviation spectrum
- Experience in contributing to ICAO spectrum standards (regional or global)
- Knowledge of aviation CNS and frequency management
- English drafting skills (scientific technical papers on spectrum matters following ITU rules)
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Networking: Maintains and expands effective networks
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others
- Teamwork: Fosters teamwork
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships
- Readiness to travel in and outside Europe more than 80 days/year
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (oral and written) is required.