Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Project and Service Management
About this job
The Network Manager keeps the network operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible, working closely to support industry actors by providing services, functions, deliverables and training. The Network Manger delivers ATM performance for the pan-European network in the areas of safety, capacity, environment/flight efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
We are looking for a Head of ATM Network Operations to provide sound leadership in operational aspects of the ATM Network Operations Management activities and address areas such as ATFCM operations, airports, contingency and crisis management, etc. S/he will cooperate with staff, stakeholders and customers to ensure that ATFCM services and European Network Operational functions meet stakeholder requirements. The Head of Operations will manage large teams (220 plus staff).
The Head of ATM Network Operations reports directly to the Director Network Management.
Your role will be to:
- propose a vision to enhance network operations and deliver recommendations to drive short, medium and long-term business objectives to meet performance and cost efficiency targets;
- lead and manage the service provision of “Operations” and associated teams while promoting a services-oriented and collaborative approach;
- manage the integration of airport activities with the airspace utilisation and ATFCM operations;
- act as a coach and a mentor to staff reporting to him/her;
- maintain a stakeholder-focused outlook with operational stakeholders (e.g. ANSPs, airports, etc.);
- manage the NM crisis and disruption processes;
- assume control of operations in cases of contingency and crisis;
- ensure compliance of operations with the SES regulatory framework;
- actively participate in strategic evolutions, development, planning of future systems and procedures as part of the Directorate Network Manager team;
- perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years, or completed university studies of at least 3 years plus 1 year appropriate professional experience, or professional training (e.g. expertise in relevant operational activities at senior level) of an equivalent level.
- In addition, a minimum of 18 years’ relevant professional experience, including 15 years in management or strategic activities.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Proficiency in managing complex operational facilities.
- Extensive knowledge of the European ATFCM situation, airspace and route structure, preferably in a multinational environment.
- Vision: Influences the Agency’s vision
- Leading: Demonstrates direction
- Customer focus: Considers the strategic direction of customer focus
- Communication: Adapts communication to different situations and audiences
- Managing change : Drives corporate changes at all levels
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary to perform the described duties are required.