Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Network Manager keeps the network operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible, working closely to support industry actors by providing services, functions, deliverables and training. The Network Manger delivers ATM performance for the pan-European network in the areas of safety, capacity, environment/flight efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The Systems Operations SOS Section is responsible for the validation, deployment, and technical H24/D7 operation of all NMOC software systems.
Your role will be to ensure autonomously (in shift and stand-by 24h/day and 7 days/week) efficient monitoring and operation of the NM applications, platforms, networks and ancillary sub-systems, and provide technical helpdesk support in accordance with applicable procedures. In particular, you will:
- monitor and operate autonomously the NM applications, platforms, networks and ancillary sub-systems in-line with the System Operation Procedures (SOP);
- apply recovery and contingency procedures in order to restore NM systems and services;
- report and document incidents in the appropriate tool and keep statistics on system usage and information in the client database up-to-date;
- ensure first level support (technical helpdesk) to internal NM users and external customers;
- execute interventions and system acceptance tests;
- perform the review of technical documentation and make suggestions for improvement as appropriate;
- participate and contribute to working groups and projects relevant to their own area;
- coordinate and monitor execution of the SOP to ensure compliance and expected results;
- perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education or equivalent professional experience of 3 years. Post-secondary education, a Bachelor or higher degree in a relevant domain (Engineering, IT etc.) would be considered a strong asset;
- A minimum of 1-year relevant professional experience;
- Experience in incident and problem management (e.g. customer helpdesk function) including related processes and tools;
- Understanding or experience in UNIX/Windows platforms and communication networks;
- Knowledge of scripting and development would be considered an asset, e.g. Pearl, ksh, etc.;
- Knowledge or understanding of NM services and systems architecture would be considered an asset;
- Experience in using MS Office;
- Problem Solving: Responds to (routine) problems as they arise by applying job knowledge;
- Decision making: Takes decisions in routine context;
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships;
- Communication: Expresses information and ideas effectively;
- Stress resistance;
- Motivation and commitment to keep abreast of new technologies;
- Ability to work in shifts. Experience in working shifts would be considered a strong asset;
- This post is subject to security clearance (Personal Security Screening) and CECAS* certification (*certification of competency);
- Professional conduct in line with corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team player approach;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency (English/French) and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties.