Field(s) of expertise
Human Resources and Recruitment
About this job
Within the Unit Human Resources and Services, Workforce Planning and Staff Development manages workforce planning and job design, recruitment, staff development and staff performance management. Staff Development covers the process of evaluating corporate learning and development training, designing re-skilling programmes, developing initiatives to reinforce staff engagement and cultural change, designing and implementing the Agency diversity strategy and a culture of inclusion, etc.
- Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to foster a high performance culture where learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norm (e.g. blended learning, exchange schemes, etc.);
- Assess organisational development needs, identify gaps and design and implement programmes for performance management, employee assessment & development, succession planning, re-skilling etc. aligned with organisational priorities;
- Evaluate learning and development methods and propose and implement improved learning techniques (e.g. classroom training, online training, knowledge transfer, etc.) taking into account costs and benefits;
- Conduct researches, analysis and develop proposals to modernise relevant policies responding to strategic and business objectives;
- Provide advice on learning & development strategies, innovation and trends, etc.;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in Human Resources or 3 years with at least 1 year of relevant working experience. Having a Master’s degree would be an asset.
- In addition to the above, minimum 4 years of relevant working experience in Human Resources.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Experience in learning & development, talent management or another related field (e.g. performance management).
- Knowledge of and keen interest in innovative L&D and talent management trends.
- Experience in negotiating with vendors would be an advantage.
- Drafting skills.
- Analytical: Analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication.
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Leading: implements direction.
- Dynamic and assertive personality.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post a thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language, to the extent necessary to perform the described duties, are required.