Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the Maastricht Operational Systems Service ensures that operational requirements from internal and external users are aligned with the MUAC operational concept and with the MUAC strategy and decisions of operational and technical nature.
- To support the ANP project managers/initiators during the entire project life cycle by defining and scoping the work packages, organising and/or participating in trials, validation and real time simulations including setting of timing and organizing required resources and in providing support in the safety cases and in the post-ops analysis;
- To support in studies with respect to the validation of airspace management economy and new Communication Navigation & Surveillance/ATM concept elements;
- To edit the LoA’s, to prepare content for all other relevant aeronautical documentation and to prepare negotiations with Airspace Redesign experts of neighbouring ANSP’s (civil and military) on airspace changes/delegations, capacity management agreements etc;
- To deliver input to the overall strategy and planning for the optimization of the MUAC airspace, to participate in the coordination and development of operational requirements taking into account the long-term objectives of the Operations domain;
- To participate in the design of new sectors and airspace, in the development of new ATFCM methods and tools as well as in Route Availability Document (RAD) negotiations;
- To prepare and support during meetings/workgroups and projects (e.g. FABEC and other international fora);
- To perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of at least 3 years in a relevant field (i.e. Air Traffic Management or equivalent technology studies).
- In addition to the above, minimum 1 year(s) of relevant working experience.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Experience in the analytical use of data.
- Knowledge of Airspace Design processes and ATM.
- Knowledge of ATM and associated tools in use at MUAC would be an asst.
- English technical drafting skills.
- Analytical thinking: analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Customer focus: adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Influencing: tailors style and approach to impact others.
- Communication : fosters two-way communication.
- Networking : maintains and expands effective networks.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (written/oral) is required.