Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Aerospace Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
With minimal supervision manages complex tooling design and build programs, technology insertion and improvement projects and US Navy Manufacturing Technology (ManTech) projects for or supporting F-35 Canopy production. This includes bid, proposal and estimating, schedule development and performance and budget creation and adherence for these projects. This individual will also perform technical assessment and bid & proposal creation and estimating for technical and affordability proposals for F-35.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering/Quality, Design Engineering, Operations, Technology and Finance personnel to support the assigned IPT. Participates as an integral part of the assigned IPT on a daily basis.
- In coordination with MEQ, Technology, Commercial and Operations evaluates and creates bids and proposals for customer and GKN funded tooling, automation, affordability ManTech projects. This also includes individual proposals for specific non-recurring customer support such as data deliverables or changes to requirements.
- Manages estimating, quotation, design, build and introduction to service for F-35 Program Non-recurring (PNR) tooling and systems. This includes tracking schedule, cost performance and revenue plans as well as coordination with vendors and external and internal customers.
- Manages estimating, quotation, design, build and introduction to service for F-35 automation and affordability projects in coordination with MEQ, Operations and Technology. This includes tracking schedule, cost performance and revenue plans as well as coordination with vendors and external and internal customers.
- Maintains liaison with ManTech customers and develops initial proposals for new projects. Creates initial proposal documentation and estimates as well as final proposal, technical documentation and estimates for ManTech projects.
- Manages F-35 related ManTech projects including technical execution, deliverables creation and submission schedule performance and cost and billing estimating and execution. This includes coordination with customer, vendors, GKN local and corporate technical experts and local MEQ and operations teams.
- Estimates, manages and submits customer data items (SDRL) in support of F-35. This includes coordination and management of supporting organizations in the creation and submission of reports and data deliverables.
- In addition to daily responsibilities, works independently or in a team to plan, organize and complete a variety of non-recurring and ongoing projects assigned by the staff including but not limited to: assist with research work on engineering projects, special reports, spreadsheets, presentations, strategic plans, and data manipulation.
- Detects and reports problems or discrepancies and manage necessary actions that require a basic knowledge of the company’s policies and practices and knowledge of the engineering department’s activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a project engineering position with responsibility for technical execution as well as tracking and managing budgets and schedules for complex technical projects.
- 3+ years in developing statements of work and engineering cost and schedule estimates for technical projects strongly desired.
- U.S. Citizen per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet (Excel), large MS Project (1,000 line plus) plans, word processing (Word) and presentation (Power Point) software are required as well as general computer literacy.
- Excellent oral and written skills to include good spelling and grammar skills.