Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a world leading global first tier supplier of airframe and engine structures, components, assemblies and transparencies to a wide range of aircraft and engine prime contractors and other first tier suppliers. It operates in three main product areas: aero structures, engine components/sub-systems and special products.
The Supply Chain Co-Op is a 6-month assignment, where the individual is responsible for projects to improve sites’ Planning, MPS, and SIOP processes.
- Documenting Standard Work through written Statement of Works and/or Video Tutorials
- Supporting the deployment of MRP systems and processes across the sites
- Enhancement of the process tools to better support the following SIOP activities
- Compile plant SIOP by consolidating data from Programs (Demand Plan), ME (Resource Capacity), Manufacturing (demonstrated performance), New Programmes (Phase-in/out), SC (Inventories) and Purchasing (Suppliers capacity),
- Identify internal and external bottlenecks,
- Ensure plans are robust – compile what-if scenarios for opportunities and/or risk mitigation,
- Summarize assumptions and risks to the plans and ensure these are clearly communicated / understood and final plans agreed / signed off with all the stakeholders during plant SIOP review,
- Assisting in the creation of tools to simplify the following MPS activities:
- Sequence work orders in line with MPS for specified products and production lines understanding all the physical and manning constraints of these lines.
- Monitor manufacturing output/performance daily against the schedule, challenging and understanding whenever performance differs from standard.
- Monitor Stock cover daily in order to avoid Stock outs as well as overstocks by adjusting the execution sequence if possible or raising the issue with the Master Scheduler.
- Monitor availability of raw material / components and escalate as required to Procurement / Master Scheduler.
- Proactively communicate/escalate to the Master Scheduler / Value Stream management potential production execution issues/constraints to trigger preventive actions against potential supply failure.
- Weekly track, challenge and report Schedule Adherence with reasons for deviation to Value Stream Management and Master Scheduler.
- Ensure actual run-rates, batch quantities and changeover-times data are tracked and regularly updated in systems
- All other duties as assigned by Manager
- Student pursuing Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Supply Chain or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience with ERP systems preferred