Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
This position is responsible for setting up and operating all conventional tool room and CNC tool room equipment in the manufacture and repair of tooling, fixtures and gauges necessary for manufacturing process.
- Tig/Arc welding and Acetyleen torch cutting/heating are required.
- Performs preventive and routine maintenance to maintain machine performance.
- Performs daily housekeeping tasks to provide a safe, clean and orderly workplace.
- Performs basic programming and editing of CNC Mills/Lathe & Wire EDM programs.
- Assembles new and existing tools and gauges to ensure proper function.
- Assists in training new employees.
- Must be willing to work any shift and overtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent
- Vocational school graduaate with courses in mechanical drawing, shop mathematics and machining practices or equivalent training and experience preferred.
- 3+ years of machining experience