Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
To conduct and manage the processes for obtaining goods and services for the company. To serve as agent for the company in managing supplier relationships and activities. To facilitate the process of sending parts to outside Customers, Suppliers and Vendors and to coordinate the return of parts from outside process houses back to source of need. Coordinate activity between internal departments and outside suppliers to insure parts are ready for transport and documentation to the supplier is clear and accurate. Communicate GKN requirements to ensure that items being sent out are set up and planned accordingly in the MRP system. Coordinate with the supplier and the traffic office the return of completed parts with required documents, i.e., process certifications.
- Act as an authorized agent of the company with responsibility for managing all supplier-related activities and authority to commit company resources through contracts and agreements.
- Manage supplier performance and ensures satisfactory contract completion and closure.
- Develop and guides others in the development of procurement plans related to cost, schedule, quality, delivery, terms and conditions.
- Effectively utilize existing supply chain management tools and assist in the development and improvement of tools as assigned.
- Serve on or lead multifunctional teams to define quality, delivery and performance standards.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and contractors to ensure a high quality, reliable source of supplies and information.
- Ensure that planning decisions from external customers and suppliers are incorporated to reduce material and product variability.
- Develop and implement strategies to leverage the optimum prices and delivery schedules. Ensure the appropriate negotiation of lead times and price in keeping with these strategies.
- Perform all duties in compliance with Company Policies and Procedures and applicable FAR and DFAR provisions.
- Act as a mentor and trainer for Buyer I and Buyer II personnel as assigned.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain or related discipline or 7 years of procurement and/or material control experience in a manufacturing environment in lieu of a degree.
- Five or more years of experience in procurement and/or material control in a manufacturing environment.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Recognized materials management certification such as (American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS).
- Working knowledge of DFAR and FAR is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of purchasing systems and procedures.
- Ability to interpret drawings, specifications, etc.
- Strong personal computer skills and strong grounding in ERP systems and software.