Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
This position requires strong leadership and technical skills to support the production tooling requirements of the organization. Recommend design improvements and identify opportunities for incorporating new technologies to support manufacturing. Drive continuous improvement activities, as well as process improvements within the Engineering group.
- Review processes for new tooling and analyze existing tooling for improvement.
- Lead and mentor less experienced engineers with their projects, and problems.
- Responsible for ensuring parts, assemblies, and tools meet industry standards and customer requirements.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of specifications, material lists, cost estimates and proposals.
- Utilize root cause analysis and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives.
- Researching new suppliers and tooling concepts.
- Provide tool engineering support to production departments.
- Responsible for the implementation of tooling from original concept design through to production. Responsible to validate the tooling functionality.
- Schedule and coordinate timely preventive maintenance of tooling.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance.
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- 8 years of engineering experience• 4 years of manufacturing support experience.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in engineering, engineering management, industrial management or business
- Thorough knowledge of multiple engineering applications and process improvement skills.
- Expertise in relevant technology and independently applies known principles and practices.
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills
- Physical Demands
- Frequently required to spend long hours sitting at a work stations.
- May be required to walk or stand for brief periods
- May be required to use stairs when elevator is not available
- May occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move up to 25 pounds of office supplies and materials
- May be required to reach with arms and hands and to stoop, kneel or crouch