Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, collects inputs related to a task, takes it through an identified process to produce an output / deliverable adhering to quality and schedule requirements
- Identifies customer quality requirements by analyzing customer purchase orders, specifications, and drawings and creates a quality plan meeting those requirements. Responsible for flow down of quality requirements to the suppliers. Evaluates supplies to ensure that they are approved sources and conform to quality requirements.
- Develops, writes and implements quality planning and assists in developing and writing manufacturing planning. Continually analyzes quality plans/processes.
- Reviews and, as required, revises customer submittals of non-conformances and provides technical support to the customer where problems/questions arise. Investigates non-conformances to determine exact root cause and assigns corrective action required. Implements follow-up plan to verify corrective action is in place and effective.
- Provides technical assistance to shop and receiving inspection personnel in areas such as interpretation of operation sheets and correct customer requirements.
- Discusses with customers quality issues, such as interpretation/clarification of customer/supplier requirements. Plans and coordinates customer/supplier visitations to company.
- Compiles and verifies proper and accurate documentation for part prior to shipping.
- Develops product substantiation data files. Present file and part to designated supplier quality representative and customer field product quality engineer in compliance to customer requirements.
- Audits processes to ensure compliance with appropriate procedures, practices and customer specifications.
- Reviews, evaluates or originates internal company documents, such as rework tickets, nonconforming material reports, tool orders, Bill of Materials, drawings, material testing requisitions, etc.
- Responsible for meeting quality cost objectives and company inventory management goals.
- May authorize release of finished parts in accordance with customer of government standards.
- May take full QE responsibility for managing the QE process for new programs as well as older existing programs.
- Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
- Required Qualifications:
- Requires a 4 year technical degree or in lieu of a degree 6 years of education and experience.
- 1+ years quality engineering experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment desirable.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret blueprints and understand the use of precision measuring instruments and the application of Statistical Process Control (SPC) to manufacturing environment.
- Previous GKN experience required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Preferred Requirements
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and specifications
- Demonstrated ability to apply SPC concepts.
- Ability to read, interpret, sign off on tooling drawings as they relate to QA requirements.
- Ability to use engineering test equipment, CAD, and/or various computer systems.
- Must display good interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written skills.