Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
To respect the governance and strategies set by the Aerospace Supply Chain Board, including commodity strategies and overarching supply chain enablement e.g. pricing agreements. Ensuring these are reviewed and agreed with the PM.
- To provide information to PM to enable make buy decisions against procurement Divisional and Business Stream commodity strategies
- To establish supply chains and negotiate contractual terms against target costs and contractual requirements from PM and the CM including appropriate programme terms and conditions from the Customer are flowed down
- Supply Chains include components, raw materials, programmes specific capex and tooling
- To gain necessary Supplier approvals against Customer and GKN requirements
- To manage the change process with supply chain e.g. cost reduction or rate increase, working with other disciplines such as Quality and ME
- To manage the performance of supply chain during NPI including expediting where necessary.
- To establish the Supply Chain Master Data Management including BOM, configuration, condition of supply (with ME) and kitting and subassembly requirements.
- To establish external supplier performance metrics
- With the support of Core team conduct ongoing supply chain business risk assessments and implement outcome e.g. dual sourcing.
- GKN/Customer payment terms to be reflected in Supplier terms and conditions.
- Ensure export control compliance throughout the supply chain
- Accountable for all relevant Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) issues in area of responsibility, including risk assessments and completion of corrective action plans
- Accountable for control of logistic related costs to meet budget.
- To establish raw material and Bought Out Finished Goods to meet inventory requirements
- To establish and manage and master delivery schedule for supply chain against the SIOP and MPS to meet PM demand
- Ensure ITAR and Export control adherence
- Manage Free issue items from the Customer and GKN to the supply chain
- Ensure supply chain rate capacity and readiness
- Required Qualifications:
- BS/BA in engineering, supply chain or business preferred. Combination of education and relevant experience in lieu of degree may be considered.
- 5 or more years of experience in strategic sourcing, procurement or other relevant technical field.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- GKN experience
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- FAR/DFAR knowledge a plus.
- Estimating, including RFQ activity and development of proposals
- Ability to read drawings and models preferred
- Must have strong negotiating skills including experience in commodity negotiations. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%