Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Responsible for safe day-to-day activities required to safely perform the responsibilities as a Special Process Technician of the company. Work independently or as a team member, under the supervision of quality management, in the daily execution of tasks necessary to meet quality and scheduled goals of the company.
- Operate ovens, quench tanks and all other equipment and machinery in the work center according to work orders and instructions.
- Monitor all critical operating parameters and make adjustments as necessary
- Responsible for maintaining established cycle times, and documentation.
- Maintain proper identification of parts and ensure that accurate records are maintained.
- Perform thorough part inspections and make appropriate decisions relative to part quality requirements.
- Relay all necessary information regarding ongoing heat treat operations to other operators when changing shifts or leaving the area.
- Sets heat-treat ovens per specification requirements on company Work Order System.
- Load and removes parts from heat-treat ovens per safety guidelines.
- Conduct probe check for all heat-treat ovens as required.
- Performs surface treatment of product involving a succession of baths or rinses as outlined in company work order systems.
- Plans tank loads and performs proper sequence of dips and rinses.
- Maintains solutions in the tanks by performing necessary tests and adding solutions.
- Checks parts after processing to determine if parts meet requirements.
- Package, protects, and stores parts per processing requirements.
- Maintains logs and documentation per customer requirements.
- Performs tank maintenance and control.
- Meet with shift supervisor and other process technicians to discuss any and all issues relating to the manufacturing floor.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety within the plant. (5S).
- Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance.
- Must be flexible and willing to work in other areas as needed.
- High School or GED and at least 1 (one) year experience in hands-on operational manufacturing / industrial setting.
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions.
- Ability and willingness to perform a wide range of physical activities, some requiring fine manual dexterity.
- Able to recognize / communicate discrepancies on materials or processes.
- Ability to work from sketches and use simple measuring instruments such as tape measures, micrometers and gauges.
- Requires knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals and fractions and its application to use sketches and measuring instruments.