Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
An opportunity has arisen offering an initial 6 Month Fixed Term Contract for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our Transparencies division in Kings Norton. You will become an integral part of the Projects team supporting the transfer of works package to our facility in Luton.
- Review all SOPs and related production documentation for accuracy and completeness, updating where needed. Includes any appropriate test procedures;
- Create a complete list of (1) the complete bill of materials; and (2) all consumables used both on the product and associated test materials;
- Create a value stream map and flow chart of the production method;
- Create PFMEA documentation on the current production line;
- Review all tooling drawings and specifications for accuracy and completeness updating where needed.
- Create a pack consolidating all product documentation related to manufacturing, tooling and technical specification as a transfer package;
- Apply Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement methodology to all areas as appropriate
- Deliver training package.
- Support Train the Trainer activity at host site
- Support through production trials.
- Provide technical support and assistance.
- Review, plan & implement the most efficient and cost effective production methods to manufacture sub-assemblies and finished goods;
- Develop processes in line with lean manufacturing principles / 5S / Six sigma tool’s;
- Liaise closely with the engineering team for products to be deployed in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of aerospace product development and associated manufacturing processes and equipment;
- Strong background within a manufacturing environment or equivalent Aerospace and/or Tier One Automotive);
- Computer Literate;
- Analytical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Familiarity with quality management systems, product audits, global ME policies and similar;
- Experience of writing manufacturing instructions or other plant documentation
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Identify potential process / equipment changes to improve production quality and process times;
- Experience of utilisation of Six Sigma tools (e.g. PFMEA, Kaizen);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Travel profile: Some travel may be required to the Luton facility.