Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
GKN Luton sits within the Aerospace Group and is a world leader in the production of transparencies and ice protection systems for both civil and military markets. Our customer’s trust GKN to deliver the critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full coaching, guidance and mentoring.Ensure the Luton site (and other sites as required) is (are) fully compliant with UK & US Export Control regulations and the GKN Export Compliance Framework is embedded into all functions.
- Ensure implementation of all UK, EU & US export compliance requirements including the GKN Export Compliance Framework and the Technology Site Control Plan for the Facilities including provision for protection from disclosure of controlled data, flow down policies and procedures within each Facility, including badging and oversight of transfer of items
- Ensure all material received by or exported or transferred from the Facility are correctly classified, appropriately controlled and records are maintained in a retrievable format of such classifications, All authorisations for export transfer, Fully signed documents when applicable, Exports against any authorisations, Briefing of employees involved in any export activity
- Ensure mandatory training is provided and tracking of training is maintained in a retrievable manner.
- Ensure appropriate licensing and export authorisation management of items including but not limited to Applications, Tracking expiration and decrements, Communicating licences provisos and restrictions, Updating the GKN Export Licence shared database
- Providing any required or requested reporting to the GKN Risk & Compliance
- Develop and implement continuous improvement actions to address any issues arising out of investigations, disclosures, governmental visits, audits and identified deficiencies.
- Oversight and support of employees involved in any export activity
- Monthly Dashboard review with the site GM for Export Compliance issues & activities
- Lead and support Export Compliance activities at sites
- Prepared to travel to other GKN SPG and GKN Aerospace sites as required.
- Support new project requirements at UK and overseas locations.
- Compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety and Energy Legislation and Company’s Policies.
- GKN is compliant with the Company’s Environmental, Health & Safety and Energy Awareness procedures and ensures that all relevant legislation is complied with by effective implementation and management to all employees.
- Working knowledge of UK & US export regulations applicable to the Facilities
- Able to classify parts and technology existing at each facility
- Mentor Export Classification Engineer’s (ECE’s)
- Able to submit UK Export Licence applications for military and dual technology & parts via SPIRE and for US 600 Series and EAR Dual Use technology & parts via SNAP.
- Provide on-site Export Compliance training as and when required
- Able to self-assess each Facility for export compliance and develop and implement continuous improvement actions based upon such assessment.
- Procedure update experience
- Understanding of HM Customs & Revenue regulations pertaining to Exports & Imports of controlled parts & technical data.