Field(s) of expertise
Procurement and Legal
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Master Production Scheduler is responsible for developing the Master Production Plan to satisfy customer demand while carrying minimum effective inventory. The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the plant with a monthly production plan consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast. The MPS is responsible for determining the desired inventory levels for finished goods including safety stock levels. The sales forecast, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plans, by month, for a rolling three month period. Strong collaboration with the Program Managers, Operations, Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing and Management will be critical to meet business goals
- Create a rolling 3-month Master Production Plan for designated products. Utilize the production capacity, taking into consideration the sales forecast, historical sales, and new business opportunities. Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times. Publish the Master Production Plan.
- Perform supply demand analysis each month, highlighting areas of concern for the next 12 month period
- Make delivery commitments for product which include and involve checking uncommitted material and availability of capacity.
- Collaborate with Finance and the Inventory Management Team to develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels on both a cost and unit basis.
- Maintain finished goods inventory at target levels to ensure high service levels, i.e. product availability.
- Project finished goods inventory levels on a quarterly basis. Achieve desired corporate inventory turn targets.
- Manage and insure coordination with plant schedulers to execute the Production Plan on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitor actual output versus the Master Production Plan. Identify gaps and drive solutions including a metric on production performance to the requested production schedule.
- Review sales forecast with program managers on a monthly basis and suggest modifications consistent with knowledge of current or historical demand.
- Timely report key metrics.
- Support the SIOP process and meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, inventory strategy, supply plan to meet demand and resource implications. Update the Master Production Plan as necessary.
- Required Qualifications:
- BS/BA in engineering, industrial, operations management, or other related field required.
- 7 years in Master Scheduling and Inventory Control within an aerospace and automotive OEM environment
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements (if required for site)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) preferred.
- MBA or MS in engineering preferred.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand and replenishment processes
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflict that arise from balancing multiple priorities
- Proficient in MS office applications
- Experience in managing manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measures
- Experience using MRP/ERP Systems