Field(s) of expertise
About this job
The Network Manager keeps the network operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible, working closely to support industry actors by providing services, functions, deliverables and training. The Network Manger delivers ATM performance for the pan-European network in the areas of safety, capacity, environment/flight efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
“Operations” covers operational aspects of the ATM Network Operations Management activities and addresses areas such as ATFCM operations, airports, contingency and crisis management, etc. The Division includes the services Network Operations, Airports, Integration & Business Continuity and Operations Analysis.
- contribute to the development, analysis and validation of ATFCM concepts operational requirements;
- participate in the production and review of operational procedures;
- develop technical requirements for the implementation of new ATFCM concepts;
- represent the ATFCM domain in the NM release process;
- review, improve and update ATFCM documentation;
- participate to or lead ATFCM domain working groups, prepare meetings, draft reports and follow-up on actions as required;
- identify improvement initiatives and contribute to the development of services, processes, etc. to contribute to the efficiency of the ATFCM domain;
- participate and represent the ATFCM domain in various current and future NM projects;
- perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of at least 3 years in a relevant domain (ATM, Engineering, etc.). A relevant Master’s degree would be considered an advantage.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant professional experience. Experience in activities related to ATFCM would be an asset.
- Understanding of ATFCM.
- The following would be an asset:
- Understanding of network impacts on ATFCM
- Understanding of Airport CDM
- Planning & Organising: Plans ahead and adapts as required
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English (written/oral) and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties are required.