Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, Engineering ensures at all times availability of the MUAC technical infrastructure and maintains this infrastructure whilst recognising the continuous need for cost effectiveness.
The SOV team translates the requirements of product teams and individual end users into modern technical solutions. These solutions are based on well-established commercial off-the-shelf products, which integrate into an innovative Information & Communication Technologies landscape for Maastricht UAC. SOV actively drives the innovation of the Maastricht ICT landscape towards modern concepts like Software Defined Data Centres, Agile and DevOps or Hybrid Cloud.
- contribute to projects and studies on a rationalised and modernised ICT architecture and infrastructure, using hybrid cloud concepts;
- support the establishment of DevOps practices at MUAC;
- perform corrective and preventive maintenance and system administration of the Linux environment and the Hyperconverged Platform (based on Nutanix and VMWware) and related technologies;
- perform lifecycle management of Virtual Machines, hosted on premise or in cloud;
- contribute to the development of tools and scripts for orchestration and automation;
- support the legacy (ClearCase) and new software development tools (Atlassian);
- perform standby duties (afternoon, night, week-end);
- perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma in ICT or related field. A Bachelor degree in a relevant field (e.g. Hardware Engineering, Computer Science, ICT, etc.) would be considered a strong asset.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Relevant professional training; further qualifications and/or certificates of an equivalent level will be considered as relevant education.
- In addition to the above, a minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience.
- Experience in installing and configuring Linux based systems.
- Experience in application tool development, using programming or scripting languages.
- Experience in Virtualization, Agile Development tools and concepts would be considered as an advantage.
- Interest in the development and evolution of ICT architectures.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Teamwork: Fosters teamwork
- Planning and organisation: Displays an organised and methodical approach
- Customer focus: Responds effectively to customer enquiries
- Quality focus: Delivers consistent quality in work
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written). Knowledge of Dutch would be considered an asset.