Field(s) of expertise
Human Resources and Recruitment
About this job
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the Human Resources (HR) team is supporting the Director in the implementation and development of the HR processes and activities as defined by the Agency.
- Shape and professionalise the HR and people management activities for the Maastricht Upper Area Centre in support of the Director and the management team.
- Strive for process driven HR activities and continuous improvement and set up priorities and projects in collaboration with the Director and senior management to continue to make MUAC a great place to work and to add to engagement and retention.
- Act as a tactical and advisory support for the Director and the (senior) management for the implementation of effective people management strategies.
- Ensure an efficient hiring process through innovative and effective recruitment channels and processes with a view to attract, engage and retain talent. Develop an employer branding strategy in accordance with EUROCONTROL guidelines.
- Aim for a stable and compliant HR service delivery by leading, developing and managing the activities and staff of the HR Management service and by identifying local needs, defining goals and priorities of the service. Focus will be on simplifying the administrative processes and automation as a first priority.
- Defining and leading the HR business partnering strategy.
- Lead and manage the overall cycle of HR related matters, their execution and monitoring via the development of performance indicators, and initiate improvements of operational processes.
- Work and lead the HR team in alignment with the Agency’s values.
- Partner with senior management to manage organisational changes, the human aspect in change projects, leadership and succession issues.
- Manage the relationship with corporate HR services (HRS) and develop an effective working relationship, including the definition of service level agreements and KPIs with HRS and other providers.
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety procedures in close liaison with the medical service.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Master’s degree in HR, Law or Business Administration.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in HR with at least 5 years’ experience at managerial level (e.g. HR Executive).
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Proficiency in various HR domains (i.e. learning & development, talent management, recruitment, performance management, etc.).
- Experience in leading HR plans/activities and team(s).
- Experience of working with a Quality Management System would be an asset.
- Knowledge of and keen interest in innovative HR trends.
- Drafting skills.
- Analytical thinking: analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Communication: adapts communication to different situations and audiences.
- Managing people: implements effective people management practises.
- Customer focus: develops and implements service excellence concepts.
- Influencing: tailors style and approach to impact others.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary to perform the described duties are required.