Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Project and Service Management
About this job
The Team Leader is responsible for leading and directing aerospace factory employees across multi-functions and/or multi-shifts. The Team Leader will emphasize total employee involvement through team building and accountability, skill development and technical training, quality focus, cost management, delivery schedule and customer satisfaction.
- Provide daily leadership in an aerospace factory work environment and coordinate all required activities associated with an assigned product line(s), work centers and manufacturing departments.
- Develop and deliver plans that meet internal and external customer schedule requirements.
- Prepare and implement plans that best optimize the use of available resources.
- Develop innovative problem resolution processes and encouraging new ideas and methods; utilize standard aerospace problem solving tools such as Root Cause Corrective Action, 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, etc.
- Ensure adequate resources are available for the team to produce products that meet established quality, schedule and delivery objectives.
- Plan with information from your team, program management, production planning & control, purchasing, quality assurance, engineering and finance the daily and/or weekly activities and priorities.
- Work to ensure that we are continually improving manufacturing processes and procedures, with technical assistance from tooling, engineering, finance, and materials.
- Manage factory hourly personnel
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related discipline, or 5 years of factory supervisory experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of experience in leadership positions (Lead Man, Team Leader or Supervisor) in a manufacturing environment OR at least 5-7 years of non-leadership manufacturing experience.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- MUST HOLD AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE OR HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN ONE
- Preferred Experience:
- GKN experience
- Aerospace manufacturing experience