Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance Aerospace Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace in Portsmouth supply an extensive range of products for different types of fixed and rotary wing aircrafts, land vehicles, missiles, UAVs, torpedoes and marine vessels for Fuel and Flotation markets.GKN Aerospace Portsmouth are currently recruiting for a Quality Auditor to join their team.
The Quality Auditor will be expected to plan, communicate, conduct and report on; a process of Internal Audits to meet the requirements of the business third-party quality approvals, including AS9100, EASA 21-G and EASA 145, Environmental and H&S third party approvals. They will also need to ensure that the Internal Audit Process meets targeted requirements, driving actions within the business and escalating issues to the Senior Quality Engineer where appropriate.
- To create a plan to conduct Internal Audits to meet the requirements of the business third-party quality approvals, including AS9100, EASA 21-G and EASA 145
- To also create a parallel plan to conduct audits to meet the requirements of the businesses Environmental and H&S third party approvals
- To liaise with various Process Owners (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Engineering etc.) regarding the expectations of the Internal Audit Process and to work with them to ensure Audits are conducted in a timely manner to the plan.
- To write up clear and robust Audit Reports which identify areas of compliance and good practice, in addition to areas of non-conformity and opportunity for improvement.
- 3-5 years working in a Quality Auditing environment, preferrably in Aerospace
- Certified as an internal auditor or lead auditor